Quickbooks users may stumble on different types of errors while using the application. One error that you can generally face is Quickbooks POS Invalid product number error. This error usually appears with the error code 176109. You are going to face the error when you try to open the Quickbooks point of sale application. This can be because of some missing folders or incomplete installation. In case you are facing the invalid product number Quickbooks POS issue, this article is all you need. We have provided you with three easy ways that you can use to fix the error on your own. You can also contact the Quickbooks point of sale support phone number if you seek any kind of advice related to Quickbooks POS. They will help you anytime. Read the complete article to know more about issues and the fixation methods.
Brief About Quickbooks POS Invalid Product Number Error
Before we explain to you how to resolve the Quickbooks POS invalid product number, you should know what it means. The error will be denoted with error code 176109 and is related to the invalid or incorrect number code and product code. An error prompt will appear on the screen indicating that the authentication files are no present on the system or maybe corrupted. Other than this, the error occurs when you are trying to open the Quickbooks pos. You may also encounter the error if you have not granted admin permissions to the user to make changes to the file. So, you will have to modify the user permissions to access the file without any restrictions.
Causes of the Quickbooks POS 2013 Invalid Product Number
Here, in this section of the article, we have explained to you different reasons for which you can face the error. There may be more than one reason for which you can face the error. So, to eradicate the issue, you need to know the causes. Read the list below.
- One of the very common causes is that the contents of the entitlement folder are no more available on the system or got corrupted due to malicious activity.
- Other than this, you may face the error when you are using the wrong product code to install the Quickbooks point of sale software.
- Also, you can face the Quickbooks POS invalid product number issue when you are trying to access the required file without granting the user admin permissions.
Methods to Fix the Quickbooks POS Invalid Product Number Error
You can use more than one method to fix the invalid product number Quickbooks Pos 2013 depending upon the cause of the error. In this section of the article, we have mentioned different methods that you can use to fix the error.
Method 1: Deleting the Contents of the Entitlement Client Folder
As we have mentioned, you can face the error because of the corrupted contents in the Entitlement folder. So, to fix the error, you can choose to remove the contents. Other than this, you can use the automatic method or manual method that you wish to follow. Both the methods are mentioned in detail.
Steps to Follow for Automatic Deletion
Here are all the steps that you need to follow to automatically delete the contents of the entitlement folder.
- To begin with, you need to download a tool named the Clear Entitlement file tool.
- It will be downloaded in the zip folder. You will then have to unzip the folder. Save the folder to a location where you can easily access the file.
- Now, you need to double-click on the extracted folder and run the folder.
- Wait for the process to complete. When the process will complete, you will have to restart the Quickbooks point of sale application and then try to register again.
Steps to Follow for Manual Deletion
If you do not want to delete the contents automatically, you can delete the contents manually. Here are all the steps that you need to follow to manually delete the entitlement folder’s contents.
- First, you will have to press the Windows key and E key together. Now, Windows Explorer will open on the system.
- You will then have to visit the path: C:\PrpgramData\Intuit\Entitlement client\v8.
- After this, you need to select all the contents of the file by pressing the Ctrl and A keys together. Now, click on the option to delete the files.
- When the confirm action will appear on the screen, you need to click on the yes option.
- Next, restart the Quickbooks POS and then try to register again.
Steps to be Followed by Windows 8 and later Users
The steps a user needs to follow can be different according to the Windows operating system that they are using. Here are all the steps that you need to follow if you are using Windows 8 or later.
- To begin with, you need to go to the start button and then right-click on it. After this, from the menu, choose the option to open file explorer.
- After this, you will have to click on the view option and then tick the checkbox next to the hidden items.
- When done, you need to go for the path: C:\PrpgramData\Intuit\Entitlement client\v8.
- Next, you will have to select all the files present in the folder and then choose the option to delete all the files.
- Finally, you need to start Quickbooks POS and then register on the application again.
Steps to be Followed by Windows 7 and Vista Users
- To begin with, you need to go to the start button and then right-click on it. After this, from the menu, choose the option to open Windows Explorer.
- After this, you need to choose the organize option and then click on the folder option and then click on the search option.
- When done, you will have to choose the view option and then click on the option to show the hidden files,
- Now, you need to go to the path: C:\PrpgramData\Intuit\Entitlement client\v8.
- Next, you will have to select all the files present in the folder and then choose to delete all the files.
- In the end, open Quickbooks POS and then register with the product number.
If the error persists, switch to the next method.
Method 2: Uninstall and Install Quickbooks POS
The next method that you can use to fix the invalid product number Quickbooks POS is to uninstall and reinstall the Quickbooks point of sale software on the system. This process will help the user to delete any kind of corrupted file installed on the system or if the installation is not completed properly.
Other than this, always remember to create a backup of the file and also note down the product number and the license number because you will have to enter it again.
- First, you will have to log in to Windows as an admin, and then you need to open the control panel on the system.
- Now, in the control panel, you will have to click on the programs and features option. The list of all the installed programs will appear on the screen. Click on the Quickbooks POS application and then choose to uninstall the application.
- Next, you will have to change the name of the folders of the point of sales.
- After this, you need to remove the QBPOSDBSrvUser windows user and then restart your system.
- When done, you need to install the Quickbooks point of sales software on the system.
- Now, in the folder, choose the option to create a new file and then restore the file for which you have created a backup earlier.
- Next, you will have to make sure that you have restored the complete data or not.
- Once done, check if you are still facing the error.
- Now, you need to try to check if you can connect the Quickbooks point of sales with Quickbooks desktop,
- In the end, open Quickbooks point of sale and attempt to register again on the application.
Method 3: Change the Name of the WS File
Now, if the above-mentioned methods didn’t help you, you can change the name of the WS file. Follow all the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, you need to visit the path, C:\Program Data\Intuit\Quickbooks Point of Sale XX\Ini. You can directly open this path by opening Windows Explorer.
- After this, you need to look for the WS activity file and then right-click on it.
- From the menu appearing on the screen, you will have to click on the rename option.
- Now, you need to rename the files as OLD WS activity and then save the changes that you have made.
- Next, you will have to close the rename window and then look for the entitlement folder.
- Once done, start Quickbooks again on the system and then register in the application.
You May Also Like: QuickBooks Point Of Sale Training [Detailed Guide]
The Quickbooks Pos invalid product number can be frustrating but it can be resolved easily also. Following all the steps that we have mentioned above will help you to fix the QuickBooks POS invalid product number error. Also, we have tried to provide you with all the knowledge that you must have before you resolve the error. In case you still face the error, we will suggest you seek technical help from experts. So, that you can start using the tool again. Hopefully, this article was helpful for you.