Quickbooks accounting software is used in a lot of firms because of the different features that it provides its users. It can help you to create invoices, prepare taxes, and track expenses. It helps you to enhance the productivity of the firm. Being software, a user can face different errors while operating the tool. To fix the issues, Quickbooks has launched a tool named Quickbooks file doctor tool.
If you are not aware of what the file doctor tool is, this guide will be helpful for you. Here, we have tried to explain to you what the Quickbooks file doctor tool is and what its various aspects are. Stay tuned to the article till the end to know more about it.
Brief About Quickbooks File Doctor
If your data file is corrupted or damaged, don’t worry the Quickbooks file doctor will help you to resolve the issue. The Quickbooks file repair tool is an automated tool used to diagnose and repair the issues that can lead to improper working of your Quickbooks application. Also, the QBFD tool is useful in helping the network diagnosis, data corruption, and windows problems.
Other than this, you can fix different issues with the tool like the 6000 series and H series error. The tool was developed in 2012 and the tool was designed to combine the working of two different tools namely, the Quickbooks network connectivity diagnostic tool and file diagnostic tool. The tool is easy to use and can be easily downloaded and installed on the system.
List of Errors that You can Fix with the Help of File Doctor Tool
The tool can help in fixing different critical company issues. Some of the issues are mentioned below.
- Quickbooks is unable to open the company file.
- Error code 6000 305
- The Quickbooks company file is damaged.
- Quickbooks errors 6000 301
- If there are blank or missed lists of vendors, employees, or customers.
- Error code 6150 Quickbooks
- Quickbooks error code 6147
Benefits of Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
- When you have to fix network issues, the tool can be helpful for you.
- You can easily fix fatal errors like 6000 series errors with the help of the file doctor tool.
- Other than this, if you have lost your important data, the tool can be helpful for you.
- Also, if you have stored the file in some other system and you are trying to access the file on the system, the Quickbooks file repair can be helpful.
- In case the data is damaged, the error can be fixed easily.
- Lastly, you can fix the issues like H202, H303, H505 with the help of the file doctor.
Facts about Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
Here are some important facts that you must know about the Quickbooks file doctor tool before downloading and using it on the system.
- To start with, if there is an existing version of QBFD present on the system, you need to delete that version and then only install a new one.
- You may get the inbuilt Quickbooks file doctor tool with all the versions of Quickbooks post-2015. But, it is advised to use the external file only.
- You must know the tool is compatible with only the Windows Operating system and will not be available for Mac users.
- Other than this, you will get two types of file doctor tools: Built-in and stand-alone versions.
- Lastly, for some errors, the Quickbooks doctor will appear on its own. You can then click on the start option and the process of scanning will begin. Let the tool complete the scan and check for errors in the file.
Procedure to Use Stand-Alone version of Quickbooks Doctor Tool
- First, you will have to download the latest version of the Quickbooks file doctor tool. If there is an existing version present, uninstall it and download the latest one.
- Next, you will have to double-click on the file doctor Quickbooks icon to open the installation window. Follow all the steps appearing on the screen to complete the installation process. now, you need to open the tool on the system.
- After this, with the help of the drop-down list, you need to locate your required company file. If you are not able to find the file, you can click on the Browse option and then find the file.
- You will then have to click on the option to check file damage and then click on the diagnose file option.
- Now, in the next prompt, two options will appear on the screen. You will have to choose the option which is appropriate for you.
- In case you have encountered a 6000 series error, you will have to click on the first one.
- Next, if there is any network issue like error h202, Error H101, you will have to choose the second one.
- Now, you will have to enter the admin credentials and then click on the next option.
- After this, two options will appear on the screen to choose the diagnoses and fixing method.
- In case you are operating the Quickbooks application on a client system, you can click on the workstation option. It implies that you have not stored the company file on the network.
- Other than this, you can choose the second option if you have stored the company file on the server and you are carrying out the process on the client system.
- After this, you need to choose the yes option in case you are working on the Quickbooks server and choose the no option if you are using the workstation.
- The process of repairing the file will then begin. It will take some time to complete and it depends on the size of the file and the internet connection.
- When the process will complete, the success message will appear on the screen.
- You will then have to terminate the doctor file tool on the system.
- Finally, try to open the Quickbooks application and see if the error persists.
Facts about Built-In Quickbooks Doctor File Repair
In case you want to use the built-in QBFD, you need to know some important facts about the tool. Read the list of all the facts below.
- The built-in version is available in UK, US, and CA for now.
- The tool is used to repair the file and data. Also, you need not install the Quickbooks application on the system.
- Other than this, you can use the tool for network repair also.
- The tool is supported on Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8, and also, server 2003-2012
- Also, now that you need to have a .Net framework on the system. If you don’t have it, the file doctor with the help of the diagnostic tool.
Procedure to Employ Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
The built-in tool will identify the error and then troubleshoot the error automatically. All you need to do is to click on the start option and then the tool will start the diagnosis process and fix the issues. Read the below-mentioned instructions to use the in-built QBFD.
- First, you need to make sure that you do not open the company file and directly open the Quickbooks application on the system.
- In the tool window, you need to click on the file option.
- Now, from the menu, you will have to click on the utility option.
- Next, you will have to click on the repair file option and then click on the network problem option. The QB file doctor will start.
- Now, you need to click on the Browse option and then redirect the tool to the location where you have stored the company file.
- Once done, you need to click on the Show advanced settings option and then choose the kind of fix and click on the Next option.
- After that, enter your admin credentials and then click on the Next option.
- Wait for the process to complete. Finally, try to open the company file.
No problem found
This is the very first situation that you can face. There are chances that the Quickbooks File doctor tool is not able to find the error in the file or the software. If this is the scenario, you will have to log in to the company file and then check if the error persists, you will have to choose the option for auto data recovery setup and then add the transactions since you last created the backup.
The Tool was Able to Fix the Issue
The next scenario is when the tool can find the issue and also, able to fix the error. When the process will complete, you need to click on the option to open the company file.
The Tool was Not Able to Fix the Issue
This is the last scene where the Quickbooks file doctor tool was able to find the issue and was not able to fix the issue. In this case, we will recommend you try to use the Auto data recovery setup feature. You can enter the transactions on your own or add the file.
Disadvantages of Quickbooks Doctor File Repair Tool
Despite so many advantages of the tool, there are also some limitations that the user can face. Here is the list of all the disadvantages of the file doctor tool.
- First, you must have an internet connection on the system, and then it should be connected with your work process.
- Also, the size of the company file should not be more than 2 GB.
- The tool was available only in UK and US versions.
- Other than this, the users need to have access to the admin panel and also, the Quickbooks should be used in the hosting mode.
- Next, the file doctor will launch with modified admin privileges when you will turn on the user control mode.
- Lastly, it is advised to use the Quickbooks file doctor tool when there is an issue accessing the company file.
So, this is it. This was all you need to know about the Quickbooks file doctor tool. We have tried to provide you all the needed details for the Quickbooks file doctor download. Hopefully, the article was helpful.