Quickbooks error 6144 82 is an error that a user can encounter while trying to open a company file on the system. Belonging to the Quickbooks error series 6000, the error is fatal to the system. You can not perform any task until the error is resolved. The error can be encountered because of different reasons and all of them are discussed later in the post. To resolve this error, you need to terminate the activities on the system. In this blog, we have discussed what causes the Quickbooks error -6144 -82 and how you can identify the same. Also, a step-by-step guide is provided to you to resolve the error easily. Check out the complete article.
Things to Keep in Mind Before Resolving QuickBooks Error 6144 82
Now, before you proceed with resolving the error, here are some points that you need to keep in mind. Check out the list below.
- All the steps that we have mentioned are needed to be followed only on the host system.
- Next, you will have to make sure that you have turned off the systems properly.
- Also, you will have to disable the security software on the system.
Triggers of Quickbooks Error 6144 82
Below we have mentioned a list of all the causes that can lead to the Quickbooks error 6144 82.
- There are chances that the Quickbooks installation is corrupted.
- Also, your system may be affected by any malware or Trojan.
- Other than this, you can face the Quickbooks error code 6144 82 because the files are related to Quickbooks is deleted from the system.
- Also, you may face the error because of network issues.
Indications of Quickbooks Error -6144 -82
Here are some of the signs that you can look for to identify the error 6144 82 Quickbooks.
- The error prompt will display on the screen.
- In case the active application crashes on the system when the error occurs.
- There are chances that the windows start responding sluggishly.
- You can also detect the error if your system has started freezing more frequently.
- Other than this, your system may shut down suddenly.
Different Steps to Resolve Quickbooks Error 6144 82
Here are all the steps that you can use to fix the Quickbooks error 6144. Follow the guide properly to complete the process easily.
Step 1: Begin QuickBooks Service Option
- To start with, you will have to open Quickbooks on the system and then click on the start option. You will then have to choose the services option.
- Now, under this, you will have to look for the QBCFMonitoringservice icon.
- When found, you need to click on it. After this, you will have to check if the services are running in automatic mode or not. If not, you need to start the service in automatic mode.
- In the end, you will have to choose the apply option and then click on the OK option.
Step 2: Change the Type of Account
- First, you will have to choose the start option on the screen.
- Now, open the control panel on the system and then select the option for user account option.
- Next, you will have to choose the option to add or remove the user account.
- After this, you need to choose the option for QBDserviceuser23 and then change the account type to administrator user.
Step 3: Make Folder in C Drive
Now, the next step is to create a new folder in the C drive with the name Quickbooks. Next, you will have to modify the read and write option for the newly created folder. You will have to create the different folders as mentioned below:
- Add User
- Add System
Also, you will have to make sure to assign the permissions for all these folders. After this, you need to click on the share option and then you can share all the folders.
Step 4: Copy the File in the New Folder
To start with, you will have to open the C drive on the system and then click on the Users folder. After this, you need to go to the Public folder and then click on the Public Documents option. Now, under this, you will have to choose the Intuit icon and then go to the Quickbooks option. Next, you will have to go to the Company files option. All the default file locations will be present in this folder. When done, you will have to copy and paste the file to the new folder that you have created.
Step 5: Modify Inbound and Outbound Firewall
- First, you will have to click on the firewall option and then choose the windows firewall option.
- After this, you will have to go to the advanced settings option and then click on the inbound rules option.
- Now, choose the option to add new rules and then go to the port icon. In the end, you need to choose the Next option.
Step 6: Start the Quickbooks Server Manager
- First, you will have to click on the programs option and then go to the Quickbooks option.
- Now, you will have to go to the drop-down option and then choose the Quickbooks database server manager option. Next, choose the option to add a folder.
- After this, you will have to go to the C drive and then add a Quickbooks folder. Now, minimize the window.
- When done, you will have to choose the scan now option. The scanning process will then begin.
Step 7: Restore Your Company File
- To start with, you will have to go to the server computer and then choose to open the Quickbooks in multi-user mode.
- Now, you will have to choose the option to open and restore the company file.
- You will now have to choose the file and then click on the option to open the file in the multi-user mode.
- Also, you will have to make sure that you have enabled the hosting and then click on the File option.
- After this, choose the utility option and then choose the option to stop hosting multi-user access.
- In the end, you can access the required company file on the server.
Additional Steps to Fix Quickbooks Error 6144 82
Now, if the above-mentioned methods didn’t help you to resolve the error, follow these steps to get rid of the error. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, you will have to press the F2 key on the system after opening the Quickbooks application.
- Now, you will have to go to the file information and then check the location of your company file.
- When done, you will have to go to the file location.
- Also, you will have to look for the.ND and.TLG file on the system. The name of these files is as same as your company file.
- You will then have to change the name of files by adding OLD in the name of the page.
- We hope that this resolves the issue.
To Wind Up!
We hope that the methods that we have mentioned above will help you to fix the Quickbooks error -6144 -82. Following all the steps in the steps in the same way as mentioned will surely help you to go through the process easily. In case you are still stuck on the error 6144 82 Quickbooks, you can seek technical help. Hopefully, the article has helped you.