Facing Quickbooks payroll update error 15270? This article is for you. In this article, we have mentioned how you can resolve the Quickbooks error 15270. Other than this, all the information that you need to know about the error is mentioned. Go through the complete article to get a better understanding of the issue.
An Insight to Quickbooks Error 15270
Before we explain the different methods to troubleshoot the Quickbooks error 15270, you must know what the error is. This Quickbooks error is encountered when a user tries to get the payroll update. Other than this, the error can appear when you are running any Intuit-related program and installing windows update simultaneously. The error can be fatal, and it needs to be resolved as soon as you face the error. There are various reasons for which you can face the error, and we have discussed them in detail in the next segment of the article.
Triggers to Quickbooks Essentials Error 15270
Here are all the possible reasons for which you can face the Quickbooks error code 15270.
- The Quickbooks application is installed incompletely.
- Also, if the Windows operating system is infected by any malware or corrupted, the error is common to face.
- The Quickbooks desktop is no appropriately updated.
- You may have turned on the user account setting.
- You have set any other browser as your default browser than Internet explorer.
- The firewall installed on the system is causing communication issues.
Essential Steps to Avoid Quickbooks Error 15270
Here are some basic steps that you can follow to avoid the occurrence of the Quickbooks error 15270. If this doesn’t help you, you can proceed with the troubleshooting methods.
- You can easily download the update file. But, always remember to click on the update complete option whenever the process of update completes.
- Next, you need to restart the Quickbooks application. After restarting the application only, a user should make the needed changes.
- The next thing that you will have to keep in mind is that you must download the Quickbooks application from an authenticated source and also make sure that the software is genuine.
- Other than this, if there is a bug in any Quickbooks payroll update file, you will have to reboot the Quickbooks application and then choose the option to install it later.
Methods to Fix Error 15270 Quickbooks
Now, if you are not able to avoid the Quickbooks essentials error 15270, here are all the methods that you need to follow to resolve the error.
Method 1: Try to Install the Quickbooks Application in Selective Mode
The very first method that we are going to discuss is to install the Quickbooks application in the selective startup mode. Follow the steps mentioned to carry out the process.
- To begin with, you need to ensure that the subscription plan is active on the system.
- Next, if you are using basic, enhanced, or standard payroll software, you need to click on the employee’s option and then click on my payroll service option. When done, click on the account information option.
- Once done, you need to log in to your Intuit account and then look for the Quickbooks payroll account maintenance option.
- Next, you need to make sure that you have enabled Internet Explorer as your default browser.
- Also, you will have to disable the option for user account control.
- In the next window, click on the option to repair Quickbooks and then choose the option for the selective startup. It will help you to clean install Quickbooks.
Method 2: Manually Update Payroll
In case you are not able to update Payroll in Quickbooks automatically, you can try to update it manually. Follow all the steps mentioned below.
- To begin with, you need to start the Quickbooks application again.
- When done, if the Quickbooks update service appears on the screen, choose the option to install later.
- Now, in the Quickbooks windows, click on the help option, and from the menu, choose the option to update Quickbooks.
- It will direct you to another prompt, and then you need to choose the option to update now.
- Also, click on the option to rest updates and then proceed with clicking on the get updates option.
- When the update process completes, you will get a success message on the screen.
- After this, start the Quickbooks application again on the system.
- Now, when the Quickbooks update service prompt appears on the screen, you need to select the option to install now.
- After this, you need to click on the employees’ option and then choose the option to get payroll updates.
- Next, you need to try to install the entire payroll update on the system.
- Lastly, click on the option to update.
Method 3: Clean Install Quickbooks Application
In case the above methods didn’t help you to resolve the Quickbooks error code 15270, you can then clean install the Quickbooks application. The process is simple. All you have to do is to uninstall the Quickbooks application completely and then install it again on the system. Other than this, you can also use the Quickbooks clean install tool to clean install the Quickbooks application. You need to also change the name of the installation folder and then install the software again.
Method 4: Use Quickbooks Tool Hub
Intuit has launched a Quickbooks tool hub to integrate all the important Quickbooks tools in a single place. The tool can help the users to get rid of almost all the issues that a user may face with the Quickbooks application. You can also use the tool to fix Quickbooks error 15270. Read and follow all the steps in the same way as mentioned.
- To start with, you will have to close the Quickbooks application if running.
- After this, you need to visit the official Intuit website and then download the Quickbooks Tool hub on the system.
- You will then have to have the file on the desktop. Now, you will have to start the installation process.
- Agree to terms and conditions and then complete the installation process.
- Now, start the tool and choose the appropriate tab for you to resolve the error.
Method 5: Disable User Account Control
As we have mentioned, you may face an error if you have turned on the user account control. Disabling it may help you to fix the error. Follow the steps mentioned below.
For Windows 8, 7 Users:
- You will first have to click on the start menu and then open the control panel on the system.
- Next, you need to click on the View option and then choose to view as large icons.
- When done, you will have to look for the User Account option.
- Now, you will have to choose the option to change the user account settings and then click on the OK option.
For Windows Vista Users:
- To begin with, you need to click on the windows start menu and then open the control panel on the system.
- After this, you will have to double-click on the option for users’ accounts.
- Now, you will have to turn off the option for user account control.
- Next, you need to click on the OK button and save the changes that you have made.
- Furthermore, you need to start the system again.
- In the end, start the Quickbooks application and open the company file.
Method 6: Run the Reboot.bat File
The Reboot.bat file will help the user to register the Quickbooks-related file again. Follow the steps mentioned below to carry out the process.
- Initially, you need to terminate the Quickbooks application on the system.
- After this, you need to look for the folder in which you have stored the reboot.bat file.
- For that, you need to find the Quickbooks icon and then right-click on it.
- Next, you will have o click on the properties option, and then you need to redirect the tool to the file that you wish to open.
- Now, you will have to look for the reboot.bat file and then right-click. Choose the option to run the file as an admin.
- When done, you will see a black window on the screen, and all the file’s names will appear on the screen.
- One thing that you need to keep in mind that let the process complete. When the process completes, the window will close on its own.
- In the end, start the system.
Method 7: Set Internet Explorer As Default Browser
It is always mentioned that to use the Quickbooks application; you will have to use Internet Explorer only. If Internet Explorer is not your default browser, there can be issues in running the Quickbooks application, and hence you can face the Quickbooks update error 15270. Read the steps properly and follow in the same way to set up Internet Explorer as a default browser.
- First, you will have to open the Windows search bar and then look for the app defaults.
- When done, you will have to find the web browser option. Under the web browser section, you will have to set Internet Explorer as your default browser.
- Save the changes and then see if you still face the error.
Method 8: Wrong ID number
There are chances that you will face the Quickbooks error 15270 because of the wrong identification number. So, it is recommended to make sure that you have entered the correct identification code. If it is no correct, enter the right one. You are also recommended to use only the employer’s ID number.
These were some of the recommended methods that you can use to fix the Quickbooks error code 15270. We believe that all the methods that we have mentioned are doable and will certainly help you. If the error still exists, we will suggest you seek technical help. We hope that this article has helped you.