Quickbooks error 1328 is an update error that a user faces while trying to update, uninstall, install or repair the Quickbooks applications. Usually, the error occurs because of the file named config.msi. gis file is a temporary folder to store the data required to roll back the installation if it is not completed. When the installation completes, the contents are deleted. In case you have stumbled on the Quickbooks 2016 update error 1328, this article is for you. We have provided you with all the information regarding the error and also, the methods to resolve the error. Please read the complete article to know in detail.
Factors Leading to Quickbooks Error 1328
The very common reason is that you are installing the Quickbooks application in another license number.
- Also, if you download the software incorrectly, you can face the error.
- The system has not shut down properly.
- There can be some network issues while installing the application.
- Also, your system may be infected with malware.
- The files related to the Quickbooks application are no more available on the system.
- In case you are facing some other error simultaneously, you can stumble upon Quickbooks release update error message 1328.
- Also, different applications are running in the background interrupting the installation process.
Signs of Quickbooks error 1328
To identify and fix the error easily, the user needs to know the noticeable symptoms of error 1328 Quickbooks update. Here is a list of all the symptoms associated with the occurrence of Quickbooks error.
- The active windows programs crash suddenly on the system.
- Quickbooks screen is freezing for few seconds every time a new operation is initiated.
- Also, the error message will display on the screen indicating: “Quickbooks is not able to update your Quickbooks application due to an unexpected error.”
- Whenever the user will attempt to update the Quickbooks application, the error message will appear on the screen.
- You may also see that Windows has started responding to the mouse and keyboard inputs slowly.
Quick Tips to Avoid Quickbooks Error 1328
Before you proceed with resolving the Quickbooks update error 1328, here are some tips that you can follow to fix the error.
- The very first thing is to ensure that you have updated the Quickbooks application. In case you are using the older version of the Quickbooks application, you can face the error. So, you must update the Quickbooks application to make sure that you do not face any errors.
- Next, you need to make sure that you are using a good speed connection on the system. You may face the Quickbooks update error 1328 if you do not have a good internet connection.
- Other than this, you will have to make sure that your Quickbooks file is safe to use on the system. It is therefore recommended to download the Quickbooks application from a known source only.
- You should also make sure that there are no restrictions applied to Quickbooks from any third-party application. In case you see any restrictions, you should disable them.
- Also, you will have to close all the background processes when you are updating the Quickbooks application.
Methods to Resolve Quickbooks Update Error 1328
You can opt for different methods to fix the Quickbooks 2016 update error 1328. In this section, we have explained to you all the methods that you need to follow to fix the error.
Method 1: Find Config.mis File and Edit It
The very first method that you can follow to fix the Quickbooks error 1328 is to find the config.mis file. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- The very first step is to go to the start option and then you need to find the Config.msi file.
- You will then have to right-click on the file and then click on the option to explore. When done, you will have to open the C drive on the system.
- Now, you will have to choose the tools option and then choose the folder,
- You will then have to click on the option to View and then choose the option to show all the hidden files and folders.
- When done, you will have to click on the apply option and then click on the ok option.
- After this, you will have to operate all the important files and then look for the Config. mis and then right-click on it.
- Next, you need to add old as the postfix of the file and then change the name of the file.
- Save the changes and then tap on the enter key.
Method 2: Employ Registry Repair Tool
In case the registry entries are damaged, you can use a registry repair tool to fix the issue. Below we have mentioned all the steps that you need to follow.
- To start with, you need to download a registry repair tool to fix the damaged entries in your system.
- Also, you need to run a malware scan on your system to be sure that your system is safe from malware.
- Next, you will have to delete all the unwanted and junk files from the system and update the driver on the system or uninstall the outdated ones.
- Other than this, you will have to open the recent system changes option and then choose to undo the changes to restore the previous version.
- The next step is to uninstall the Quickbooks application and then install it on your system.
- When done, you will have to run the Windows system file checker and then scan the system.
- In the end, you will have to install the required updates.
Method 3: Modify the Firewall Settings
The incorrect firewall settings can lead to the occurrence of Quickbooks error 1328. So, to resolve the issue, you can make the required changes. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you will have to open the Settings option on the system.
- After this, you need to open the firewall and then open the settings option.
- When done, you will have to look for restrictions applied on the Quickbooks application. If there are any, you need to disable them.
- Next, you will have to save the changes that you have made and then reboot your system.
- Finally, install the Quickbooks application and open it on the system.
Method 4: Repair Your Quickbooks Installation
The following recommended method that you can use to fix the Quickbooks error 1328 is to repair the Windows installation process. Follow the steps mentioned below to carry out the process.
- The very first step is to sign in to your system as an admin.
- You will then have to open the Control panel on the system.
- When done, you will have to click on the programs and features option in the control panel.
- In the list, you will get the Quickbooks option and then click on it to uninstall the application.
- After this, you will have to click on the repair option when the prompt will appear on the screen.
- Next, follow all the steps appearing on the system to complete the Quickbooks repair process.
- When the process will complete, you will have to look for the security patch and apply them.
Method 5: Use Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The Quickbooks Install diagnostic tool can help you to fix the issues that you may face while installing the Quickbooks application. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, you need to visit the Quickbooks official website. Now, you need to look for the Quickbooks install diagnostic tool and then download it on your system.
- When done, you will have to install the tool on the system.
- Next, you will have to terminate all the applications running in the background.
- Now, you need to run the tool and wait for the scan to complete.
- Finally, try to open the Quickbooks application to see if the Quickbooks update error 1328 is fixed or not.
Method 6: Use Quickbooks Clean Install Tool
The Quickbooks clean install tool will help the user to install and uninstall the application from the system without risking the security of the system. You can either download it directly from the official website or use it with the help of the Quickbooks tool hub. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, you need to download the Quickbooks tool hub on the system and then follow the instructions appearing on the screen to complete the installation process.
- When the process will complete, you need to open the application.
- In the tool hub window, click on the installation issues option.
- The list of all the available tools will appear on the screen and then click on the clean install tool.
- Wait for the tool to load on the screen.
- Now, let the tool complete the process.
- After completion, you will have to restart your system and then open the Quickbooks application.
To Wind Up
All the above-mentioned methods are doable and will surely help you to resolve the Quickbooks error 1328. We have tried to provide you with all the information that you need to know regarding the Quickbooks 2016 update error 1328. In case the error persists, we will suggest you seek help from an expert. Hopefully, the article has benefitted you.