Whether it is home or office when you are working on your laptop or PC, the printer is an indispensable part. But there will times when you will come across sudden errors. This can create havoc as it can jeopardize your work. It is important that you get the error rectified but for this, you will need tech support.
What does Printer in error state indicate?
It clearly points out that there is some problem with the printer. As a result of the problem, the printer will not print or the pages might just get queued. There can be a number of reasons due to which the problem may be occurring. It is important that you take technical help in order to find out the underlying cause of the problem and based on the problem you will have to find a solution.
Reasons for the Printer in Error State Message:
The probable reasons for this problem are as follows:
- The paper may have got jammed and as a result, you are unable to get the printout.
- The ink in the cartridge may have got used or the ink level is too less due to which you may not be getting the printout.
- There may be a problem with the wifi network or with your cable
- The printer may not have been connected properly to the laptop or PC.
- There may be problems with the printer driver or there may be compatibility issues with the printer driver.
Also Read: How to fix battery error in Windows
The Solution for Printer in Error state:
The solution will depend on the exact cause of the problem. Here is what you can do depending on the cause of the error:
- If the problem is due jamming of paper, then make sure that you are using only the correct size paper and make sure that you are placing the paper correctly.
- If the problem is with the ink levels, then you will have to refill the cartridge. If the problem is with the cartridge then you may have to replace it.
- If WIFI connectivity is a problem then you need to get in touch with the service provider and ask him to resolve the issue.
- If the cable and wire connections are creating a problem, then you will have to make the necessary changes so that your printer works fine.
- If the printer is not correctly installed or connected to the computer then you may have to reinstall and also make sure that it is connected properly to the computer.
- If the problem is due to the printer driver then you need to repair or replace it. Make sure that the driver that you install is compatible with the PC and with the printer,
- Check if the power is on and there is no problem with electricity supply.
- Switch off the computer and the printer and restart the PC and the printer and see if the problem gets resolved.